Like any NCAA rookie, Kevin Roy was eager for the start of his first year of college hockey. His excitement shone through in his debut with Northeastern University, where the Quebec native scored the game-winner and added an assist to help his new team earn the win against Merrimack.
It’s shaping up to be another competitive season in the ECAC as many of the conference’s top players have departed and numerous talented newcomers make their collegiate debuts.
This is the final season of the WCHA as we know it. The conference will undergo a sweeping change next season, with eight members exiting the WCHA. Minnesota and Wisconsin will be joining the newly formed Big Ten (Hockey) conference. Colorado College, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth, Nebraska-Omaha, North Dakota, and St. Cloud State will comprise much of the new National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC). The remaining teams will be members of the revamped WCHA.
Former University of Massachusetts’ goaltender Kevin Moore overcame a lot of adversity to remain a member of the Massachusetts hockey team, and he earned the title “Rudy of hockey” after an inspirational appearance in the Senior Night finale for the Minutemen. Moore will also have an opportunity that Rudy didn’t, which is making the professional level of his sport.
- GDT: Game #27 San Jose SHARKS @ Toronto Maple Leafs Tuesday 12/3/13 4:00pm PST CSNCa
- Useless Thread CMXCVI: Depreciation of the #straightedge lifestyle
- GDT: #30 - Kings vs ducks dec 3rd rockin 7:00 PM
- Post Game Talk: Leafs 2, San Jose 4
- Post Game Talk: Game #30: Canucks 3, Predators 1 - KESLERKESLERKESLERKESLER
- GDT: Game #29 : KINGS @ DUCKS, Tuesday 12/3/13 @ 7:00 pm PST