2014 is shaping up to be a good draft year for current collegians. There are a number of excellent players, particularly on defense, that could be selected at this year’s NHL Draft. Hockey’s Future takes a closer look at five of those draft prospects from the NCAA, all of whom appear on Central Scouting’s midterm rankings. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of January 31st.
The 62nd annual Beanpot Tournament began on Monday, with four teams battling it out to see which schools would meet in next week's final. The first game featured Northeastern and Harvard, while Boston College and Boston University renewed their heated rivalry in the day's second game.
A year after capturing the gold medal at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Russia, the Americans finished out of medal contention this year with a fifth-place finish. Although Team USA as a whole played well in the tournament, the team couldn’t quite find the same magic at this year's WJC.
- Blackhawks have been playing around .500 hockey since Kane injury
- Prospect Info: Flames sign Austin Carroll to ELC
- PGDT-Poll: #75| Los Angeles Kings @ New York Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | F/TBD
- Confirmed Signing with Link: Blackhawks sign F Kyle Baun
- Proposal: Toronto - Jersey
- Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign college UFA Kyle Baun