The four-team field is now set for the 2013 NCAA Frozen Four, which takes place at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA on Apr. 11th and 13th. None of the four teams taking part in this year's tournament have won an NCAA hockey title, so there will be a new national champion that will also win their program’s first-ever National Championship.
The top three finalists for this year’s Hobey Baker Award have been announced. Boston College sophomore and Calgary Flames prospect Johnny Gaudreau, Quinnipiac senior Eric Hartzell and St. Cloud State red-shirted senior Drew Leblanc comprise this year’s “Hobey Hat Trick”. Each year, the award recognizes the top collegiate player who excels both on and off the ice.
The final 2012-13 edition of the NCAA notebook takes a look back at some of the month’s memorable performances and fantastic finishes. The notebook also takes a look at a few surprises that took place around college hockey involving a number of NHL prospects playing in college hockey. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of Mar. 31st.
- Sharks annouces partnership with PrimeSport as offical fan travel partner
- GDT: Game #22 - 11.25.14 - vs Edmonton - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM
- Proposal: Philadelphia/Edmonton
- Would legal Loan-sharking be one of the Biggest businesses today in the world?
- Trading non-factor players for difference makers
- The Leafs are Number One.. in Financial Value for the 9th Year in a Row