In 1996, JP Parise, father of Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, was approached to take over a fledgling hockey program for a small but well known boarding school in Faribault, Minnesota. Since then, the program has gone on to win multiple national championships at all levels of minor hockey while attracting the services of young talented stars like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Nathan MacKinnon.
It’s not that they are all in the same class as Motte is a freshman, while Di Pauli and O’Regan are sophomores. Nor are they teammates, since Motte plays for the University of Michigan, Di Pauli is at Notre Dame, and O’Regan plays for Boston University.
As long as Brady Skjei can remember, he wanted to be a Minnesota Gopher. His grandfather Stan Skjei and relative Brett Sadek both played football at the University of Minnesota and like many other players born in the self-proclaimed State of Hockey, Skjei went to many games at Mariucci Arena in Minneapolis hoping to one day be on the other side of the Plexiglas representing the school as a student-athlete.
The final month of 2013 marked the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half of the 2013-14 NCAA hockey season. Hockey’s Future takes a look back at the many notable performances by NHL prospects around college hockey during the month of December. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of January 5th, 2014.
- GDT: May 4 • Norway vs. Finland • 2:15 PM ET • 20:15 CET
- Player Discussion: Is Eichel 'just floating around out there'?
- GDT: May 4 • Canada vs. Czech Republic • 20:15 PM ET • 20:15 CET
- HF Partner Nikita Kucherov inspired thoughts on the coach's challenge
- GDT: May 4 • Russia vs. USA • 10:15 AM ET • 16:15 CET
- Injury Report: Zuccarello out indefinitely with upper body injury, per NYR Part2