Forward Steve Moses is in his first year of pro hockey with Jokerit in Finland's SM-Liiga. He is currently the second-leading scorer for Jokerit behind veteran Ilari Filppula. Moses played for the AHL's Connecticut Whale at the end of last season after completing his college career at the University of New Hampshire.
This edition of the Notebook takes a look some of the notable (and not so notable) prospect performances around college hockey in the month of November. Unless otherwise noted, all statsitics are current as of Nov. 30.
Amidst a seesaw battle with Yale last weekend, Colorado College’s Scott Winkler sent Bulldog winger Anthony Day crumbling to the ice with a solid body check into the left corner boards at the World Arena. Instantaneously, Winkler set his sights on another Yale forward behind the Tigers net as he fiercely fought for possession of the puck in the defensive zone.
At this point last year, Denver Pioneers' head coach George Gwozdecky and his staff were hesitant about playing defenseman Joey LaLeggia in all situations. The 5'9”, 180-pounder arrived in the Mile-High city with tremendous offensive skills, but due to his smaller frame Gwozdecky and his staff had to be careful not to put the smaller player in a vulnerable position on the ice.
- GDT: MDSF #1 - 04/17/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, CNBC
- Books: A Song of Ice and Fire *SPOILERS* Part V: Hotah Appreciation Thread
- Post Game Talk: BOBROVSKY, YOU'RE BACK ON THE CASE! Pens - 4, Blue Jackets - 3
- Should Hemsky be re-signed?
- HF's 2013/14 NHL Awards (Calder/GM/Vezina/Adams/Lindsay Results in OP)
- 2014 NHL Draft Discussion - Part III ** Isles-5th Pick**