While he no doubt would have preferred to have contributed more offense earlier in the tournament, USA forward Rocco Grimaldi could not have picked a better game to net his first two goals of the 2013 World Junior Championship.
The defense for Team USA at the 2013 World Junior Championship has been very offensive, in a good way. The seven defensemen that have suited up for that country have totaled 10 goals and 17 assists so far in the tournament, with only the gold medal game left to contest.
To those that follow NCAA hockey, seeing John Gaudreau's name among the goal-scoring leaders at the 2013 World Junior Championship is not a big surprise. The Boston College forward has been tearing it up offensively this season after helping lead that team to a National Championship in 2012 in his freshman season.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time