The first month of 2014 featured a little bit of everything involving prospects around NCAA hockey. Hockey’s Future looks back at the notable performances and news items during from that month. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of February 1st.
The 62nd annual Beanpot Tournament began on Monday, with four teams battling it out to see which schools would meet in next week's final. The first game featured Northeastern and Harvard, while Boston College and Boston University renewed their heated rivalry in the day's second game.
A year after capturing the gold medal at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Russia, the Americans finished out of medal contention this year with a fifth-place finish. Although Team USA as a whole played well in the tournament, the team couldn’t quite find the same magic at this year's WJC.
In 1996, JP Parise, father of Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, was approached to take over a fledgling hockey program for a small but well known boarding school in Faribault, Minnesota. Since then, the program has gone on to win multiple national championships at all levels of minor hockey while attracting the services of young talented stars like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Nathan MacKinnon.
- Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Carolina signs Elias Lindholm to two-year extension [2.7M AAV]
- Where does Hall rank in the NHL?
- Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) 2015 offseason IX
- Confirmed with Link: Canes extend Lindy for two years, 2.5M and 2.9M
- Question from a Flames fan
- Confirmed with Link: Lindholm Agrees on Two-Year Extension