While it is difficult to call a player chosen in the top 10 of the NHL Draft a steal, the Winnipeg Jets have to be feeling good about what they've seen from their 2012 first selection, defenseman Jacob Trouba, at the 2013 World Junior Championship.
For 48 years, Milton Academy and Noble and Greenough School have co-hosted a holiday tournament that has attracted 49 different schools and amateur hockey teams from the United States, Canada, and Sweden. In addition to the six New England states, representatives have come from California, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania to play.
After a disappointing seventh-place finish at last year’s World Junior Championship, Team USA will look to better that this year in hopes of taking home their first medal since 2011 and their first gold since 2010.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time