It has been an interesting 2014 World Junior Championship so far, with one major upset plus a fair amont of offense being generated, albeit with a couple of teams proving to be far more generous than most of the field competing in Malmo, Sweden.
This year’s United States squad will look vastly different from the team that won the gold medal at last year's World Junior Championship held in Ufa, Russia, as Team USA returns only three players from last year’s squad. Among the notable eligible returnees absent from this year’s WJC team are Alex Galchenyuk and Jacob Trouba, both of whom are now playing in the NHL with the Montreal Canadiens and Winnipeg Jets, respectively.
It's been an exciting eight months for Danny Kristo. The 23-year-old winger for the Hartford Wolf Pack – the AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers – has gone from playing in the NCAA national quarter-final at the University of North Dakota to playing in the last stretch of a losing season with the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs, and now establishing himself as a star with the Wolf Pack following a July trade.
- Around the League 2014 (non-Yotes NHL talk)
- GDT: Jets @ Avs | Nintendo Edition | 7PM MST | March 10th
- Line Combos: New PP & ES lines at practice. Bourque Benched?
- GDT: Devils @ Flyers 7pm 3/11/14: Rooster Cloweburn Part 2
- Canucks meltdown: Worst ever?
- GDT: #66 - 03/11/14 | New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:00 - MSG