For the second consecutive year, an ECAC team has won the college hockey National Championship. Last year, it was Yale that took home the trophy, but this year it was the Union College Dutchmen who claimed their first-ever NCAA title on Saturday night at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Forward Taylor Cammarata is part of the University of Minnesota’s excellent group of freshmen that have been significant contributors to the team’s march to the National Championship game this season. The Plymouth, MN native currently ranks third on the team in rookie scoring with 25 points (nine goals, 16 assists) in 37 games to date.
Junior defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere has been a big reason behind the recent success of Union College. The Margate, FL native currently ranks second on the Dutchmen roster in scoring by a defenseman with 31 points (eight goals, 23 assists) in 41 games to date. Gostisbehere also is tied for second on the team with a +26 rating. He logs among the most minutes of any player on Union College’s roster and plays in all situations.
The 2013-14 American College Hockey Coaches Association CCM All-American Teams were announced on Friday in Philadelphia, PA. Of the 25 players, 18 are NHL-drafted and three are recent NHL free agent signees.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time