For most draft-eligible players, receiving a first-round grade and spot in the top 15 would be cause for celebration. But most players aren’t Sarnia Sting forward Nikolay Goldobin, a player who has set some lofty goals for himself.
The top six prospects from last month's rankings are the same six players holding down those slots in this month's list. And in fact, the players are ranked exactly as they were in January, so the ISS view of the draft's top prospects seems to be more settled as the 2013-14 regular season heads towards its conclusion.
You can judge a fine wine by its vintage. For the next generation of NHL goaltenders, the second and third round of 2012 was a particularly fine year. The top five NHL-drafted netminders currently playing in the OHL were drafted within 52 picks of one another, and all are currently playing key roles in the playoff fortunes of their respective squads.
- Why can a goalie return to his net after an icing call on his team?
- Player Discussion: Would you want Carl Soderberg on the Montreal Canadiens?
- What is the current direction of the team?
- Where is the offensive production going to come from the blue line?
- Post-Game Talk: Suck it Buffalo. Wild beat Oil 2-1.
- Who wins the Calder trophy this season?