For players entering their draft year, one of the keys is to ensure that you are able to showcase your talent as often — and in as many situations — as possible as an audition for potential future employers. So, while a 10-game suspension for a hit to the head meant that Guelph Storm forward Robby Fabbri missed some marquee showtime, his experience backstage may serve to help his future performance.
No news is good news if you're Kootenay Ice center Sam Reinhart, at least when it comes to the ISS Hockey December rankings for the 2014 NHL Draft. Reinhart is holding steady as the top-ranked prospect for the coming year's draft, a position he has held in these rankings for the four releases that ISS Hockey has produced in the 2013 portion of this season.
After a sterling rookie regular season last year, you could forgive Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds forward Jared McCann for expecting more of the same as the playoffs began. But his very first playoff contest came to an abrupt end, knocked out of the playoffs due to a concussion suffered as a result of an open-ice hit by Owen Sound’s Cameron Brace.
At one point, no OHL team wanted Josh Anderson to pull their sweater over his head. But that day of disappointment is long in the rear-view mirror as the London Knights' 6’2" power forward has driven himself to becoming not only an NHL draft pick, but also on the short list to don the red and white of Team Canada during the upcoming 2014 World Junior Championship.
- Sharks annouces partnership with PrimeSport as offical fan travel partner
- GDT: Game #22 - 11.25.14 - vs Edmonton - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM
- Proposal: Philadelphia/Edmonton
- Would legal Loan-sharking be one of the Biggest businesses today in the world?
- Trading non-factor players for difference makers
- The Leafs are Number One.. in Financial Value for the 9th Year in a Row