With five of the past six first-overall NHL draft picks being forwards from the Ontario Hockey League, OHL defensemen have had a lot of practice playing against elite offensive talent. And that’s reflected in the continued development of these 10 promising young NHL-drafted defensemen.
The first thing that most people notice about Ryan MacInnis is his size. Even just having turned 17 years old a couple of weeks ago, MacInnis already stands 6’3” and weighs 174 pounds. His size is imposing, even on a U.S. National Team Development Program team that is peppered with big bodies.
Canada’s national game is, in fact, lacrosse. And that sport’s loss has been a huge gain for the Great White North’s unofficial game as Ottawa 67’s captain Sean Monahan has taken the lessons learned from the field and parlayed them into a potential top-10 selection at the upcoming 2013 NHL Draft.
Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
- Sam Bennett
- Aaron Ekblad
- Michael Dal Colle
- Nick Ritchie
- Brendan Perlini
- Anthony DeAngelo
- Jared McCann
- Nikolay Goldobin
- Roland McKeown
- Josh Ho-Sang
- Eric Cornel
- Robby Fabbri
- Aaron Haydon
- Connor Chatham
- Ryan MacInnis
- Alex Peters
- Michael Bunting
- Brendan Lemieux
- Spencer Watson
- 2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III
- All Things Charlotte Checkers II: The Wrath of Boychuk
- GDT: MDSF #2 - 04/20/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 12:00 - NBC
- Post Game Talk: Preseason Warmups: Columbus - 4, Penguins -3
- Who gets the Stanley Cup winning goal?
- HF Ranks: 50 Funniest TV Characters (50-6 Revealed)