There is varied opinions as to which player is the top prospect for the 2014 NHL Draft. Some NHL scouts feel that Barrie Colts defenseman Aaron Ekblad is the top player by a tiny margin, while the independent scouting service ISS Hockey ranked Kootenay Ice center Sam Reinhart as their top prospect. But NHL Central Scouting hasn't wavered in their belief that Kingston Frontenacs center Sam Bennett is the best of this year's crop.
With a father that is a four-time Stanley Cup winner, Barrie Colts left wing Brendan Lemieux certainly has a tough act to follow as he pursues his NHL dream. Lemieux's first step towards filling those big skates comes at the end of June when his name is likely to be called at the 2014 NHL Draft.
Despite coming into the final game having played almost two extra ‘games’ at the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup, the Edmonton Oil Kings found something extra in its reserves in defeating the Guelph Storm, 6-3.
- 2014 Wild Off-Season Thread
- Peter Forsberg vs Eric Lindros
- Would the world be better off if religion didn't exist
- Draft lottery changes coming: 2015 odds tweaked, 2016 top three spots drawn
- Prospect Info: Where does Hayes rank in our prospect rankings?
- TV: Big Brother 16 Part 4: Beast Mode Cowboy & the Froot Loop Dingus Fooligans (Read OP)