After a sterling rookie regular season last year, you could forgive Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds forward Jared McCann for expecting more of the same as the playoffs began. But his very first playoff contest came to an abrupt end, knocked out of the playoffs due to a concussion suffered as a result of an open-ice hit by Owen Sound’s Cameron Brace.
At one point, no OHL team wanted Josh Anderson to pull their sweater over his head. But that day of disappointment is long in the rear-view mirror as the London Knights' 6’2" power forward has driven himself to becoming not only an NHL draft pick, but also on the short list to don the red and white of Team Canada during the upcoming 2014 World Junior Championship.
In the eyes of NHL Central Scouting, Ryan Verbeek is still a work in process. Listed in the organization’s most-recent watch list, Verbeek was bestowed with the “LV” designation — limited viewing.
- PGDT-Poll: SCP Game 3| Capitals @ Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | PO Edition | F/TBD
- Who is the best Sharks coach in history?
- Newcomer Garbowsky feels at home in Rochester
- Proposal: Lucic for grabner+
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers, 19/4, 10:30PM EST
- NBA: Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers, 19/4, 8:00PM EST