On the eve of the NHL Draft Lottery, ISS Hockey has released their April ranking of the top 30 prospects for the 2014 NHL Draft. And, as a result of some strong playoff performances by a pair of players, there has been some re-shuffling at the top of the order since the March edition of this list.
As the oldest continually operating franchise in the Ontario Hockey League, the Peterborough Petes knew they had to do right by their fans and not miss the playoffs for a fourth year in a row. The Petes and general manager Mike Oke had the third overall pick in the 2013 OHL Priority Selection and the opportunity to select a franchise defenseman they could build their team around for the next few years.
The top 10 NHL-drafted wingers currently playing in the OHL aren’t overly large (a couple of notable exceptions, of course), but this year’s crop represents a collection of players who generally are solid defensively (or at least have shown that capability when they put their minds to it), and have the hands to chip in once in a while.
- Rugby World Cup warm-up match: Scotland vs Italy, 29 Aug, 3:15pm GMT
- Rugby World Cup warm-up match: Ireland vs Wales, 29 Aug, 2:30pm GMT
- English Rugby League Challenge Cup Final: Leeds vs Hull KR, 29 Aug, 3:15pm GMT
- Value of: Lawson Crouse, First Round Pick
- NHL 16: Be A Pro - Funniest CHL team to start your career
- Biggest Draft Busts