There was no lack of effort on the part of Team OHL in the first of their pair of games against Russia in the 2013 Subway Super Series. But Russia converted on most of their best chances, sending the OHL to a 5-2 defeat at General Motors Centre in Oshawa, ON.
Staten Island-born Kevin Labanc was almost a member of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, but his decision to give himself a fighting chance at The Show by joining the OHL’s Barrie Colts is paying off as NHL Central Scouting has rated him a B-level skater.
He’s the kind of player you love to play with, but hate to play against. He’ll get under your opponent’s skin, and do the ugly things it takes to win championships. He’ll be a regular guest of the penalty box, but also chip in with the odd, timely goal. If it sounds like four-time Stanley Cup champion Claude Lemieux, it’s for good reason — his son, Brendan Lemieux, is blazing his own trail in hockey by following a similar path.
- Pre-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 4 (TBL leads 2-1)
- Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign F Joonas Kemppainen from Finland
- Jeff Blashill to be named Red Wings Head Coach [no official confirmation yet]
- Buffalo Front Office Not Upset - All Media Hype
- Player Discussion: Who would YOU trade? Lehner vs. Anderson vs. Hammond
- leafs closing in on Boucher as an AC