With five of the past six first-overall NHL draft picks being forwards from the Ontario Hockey League, OHL defensemen have had a lot of practice playing against elite offensive talent. And that’s reflected in the continued development of these 10 promising young NHL-drafted defensemen.
The first thing that most people notice about Ryan MacInnis is his size. Even just having turned 17 years old a couple of weeks ago, MacInnis already stands 6’3” and weighs 174 pounds. His size is imposing, even on a U.S. National Team Development Program team that is peppered with big bodies.
Canada’s national game is, in fact, lacrosse. And that sport’s loss has been a huge gain for the Great White North’s unofficial game as Ottawa 67’s captain Sean Monahan has taken the lessons learned from the field and parlayed them into a potential top-10 selection at the upcoming 2013 NHL Draft.
Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
- Ranking of Teams' Draft Success
- Babcock will start teaching our players like in hockey school
- Speculation: Who fits the description and is this player I'm describing good enough to help us win
- Pitch count Marian Hossa
- At first avalible chance Stromme and McDavid will sign with the Leafs
- Speculation: Where will Zidlicky sign?