Although Russia suffered just one overtime loss in the preliminary round of the 2014 IIHF U18 World Championship, their eight points only tied them for second with Sweden in Group A, two points behind Canada.
The preliminary round of the 2014 IIHF U18 World Championship is over and the playoff match-ups are set. Despite the odd surprise performances to start off the tournament, the teams have finished off group play in a manner conducive with most expectations coming in. Take a look at who’s up against whom in the playoffs and who you should expect to move on to the next round.
Forward Travis Konecny is one of a handful of Team Canada youngsters getting a taste of IIHF U18 World Championship action at an earlier age than might normally be the case. While many of the players taking part in this tournament are in their draft year, Konecny won't be eligible for the draft until the 2014-15 season.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time