Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Elite group of defensive prospects
- Several NHL ready prospects
- Deep group of speedy, gritty forwards
- Many prospects are long-term projects
- Many prospects are high risk/reward
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
The Pittsburgh Penguins will be hosting the 2012 NHL Draft and, following another early playoff exit, rumors surrounding the future of some of their key players is once again a hot topic. Seemingly not to be outdone by the Rick Nash trade rumors which have reignited over the past two weeks, members of the local and national media have started to rampantly speculate over the future of Penguins center Jordan Staal.
Only two years ago an extended run in the NHL post-season was a seeming right of passage for the Pittsburgh Penguins organization and their rabid fanbase. But after two consecutive appearances in the Stanley Cup Finals in 2008 and 2009, the Penguins have experienced dramatic early post-season upsets, the first in 2011 against the Tampa Bay Lightning and most recently in 2012 to the Philadelphia Flyers.
Below is the middle third of Hockey's Future NHL Organizational rankings as voted by the Hockey's Future staff. To determine the ranking, each team's entire prospect pool was taken into consideration. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice each season, in the fall and spring.
Brace Hemmelgarn/Icon SMI)
The inaugural edition of the Pittsburgh Penguins prospect awards reflects the values the organization espouses with their drafting and player development. They look for players of high character who are smart, well conditioned, willing to sacrifice themselves physically, and able to play well within a heavily structured team game. The organization also values defenseman over all other positions, believing that defensive prospects are the hardest to identify and develop.
- 2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III
- All Things Charlotte Checkers II: The Wrath of Boychuk
- GDT: MDSF #2 - 04/20/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 12:00 - NBC
- Post Game Talk: Preseason Warmups: Columbus - 4, Penguins -3
- Who gets the Stanley Cup winning goal?
- HF Ranks: 50 Funniest TV Characters (50-6 Revealed)