The development of goaltenders in Canada has been a cause of concern for quite some time, especially with how it affects international competitions like the World Juniors.
The QMJHL may not be traditionally viewed as a fertile development ground for defensemen. But recent history has proved the opposite, with the league producing NHL talent such as Florida's Dmitri Kulikov and Pittsburgh's Kris Letang as well as top prospects like Montreal's Nathan Beaulieu and Phoenix's Brandon Gormley.
Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
Valentin Zykov might be a Russian playing junior hockey for a Quebec-based team, but the burly right winger proved he belonged on Team Cherry during the 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game this week.
- Ivan Barbashev
- Nikolaj Ehlers
- Vaclav Karabacek
- Nicolas Aube-Kubel
- Emil Aronsson
- Clark Bishop
- Julien Nantel
- Daniel Audette
- Mason McDonald
- Julio Billia
- Alexis Vanier
- Kurt Etchegary
- Player Discussion: Ondrej Pavelec - Part III: "Is the #1 going into next season" - Cheveldayoff
- Series Talk: MDSF: (2) New York Rangers vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers
- Prospect Info: Play Bad for Ekblad? (the 2014 draft thread)
- News Article: Carrera: Washington Capitals’ problems began long before their playoff streak ended
- The All-Purpose 6th Overall Discussion Thread
- Value of: Bogosian, Kane and Byfuglien