The development of goaltenders in Canada has been a cause of concern for quite some time, especially with how it affects international competitions like the World Juniors.
The QMJHL may not be traditionally viewed as a fertile development ground for defensemen. But recent history has proved the opposite, with the league producing NHL talent such as Florida's Dmitri Kulikov and Pittsburgh's Kris Letang as well as top prospects like Montreal's Nathan Beaulieu and Phoenix's Brandon Gormley.
Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
Valentin Zykov might be a Russian playing junior hockey for a Quebec-based team, but the burly right winger proved he belonged on Team Cherry during the 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game this week.
- Useless Thread MCCXXXII: The Severe Thunderstorm Appreciation Thread
- What the Bruins are doing/What you'd like to see this off-season 2014 Part III
- OT: The 2014-2015 Boston Celtics/NBA Thread II
- TSN: The End Of TSN Jets?
- NHL should do more for top money making clubs
- Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #12 prospect?