Ignoring everything else, from his age to his size and his family history, Anthony Mantha quite simply scores goals. With 33 markers in just 43 games so far this year, the Val d'Or Foreurs forward has already sniped a hat trick on three separate occasions and added in a four-goal game for good measure.
Cassels. Domi. Mantha. Rychel. They are names that many hockey fans are familiar with, the names of former NHL players. But those names also represent a new wave of talent, still on the way to hopefully making an impact in the pro ranks.
Despite the fact that it is considered one of the "Big Four" major leagues in North America, hockey remains a small sport in many different ways. That size brings a sense of community, where everybody knows one another.
The expectation for Canada is always the same: nothing short of a gold medal. But in recent history, the results have fallen short.
After a pair of silver medals and a bronze over the last three World Juniors, Canada was once again tasked with bringing home the gold at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia.
The plight of a junior hockey franchise is normally cyclic, with a core group of players starting out, maturing together and competing before eventually graduating from the league.
- GDT: Chicago Blackhawks at Los Angeles Kings - November 29, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. (PST)
- Celebrity Death: Author P.D James (Children of men) age 94
- Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Flyers (11/28/14)
- What team(s) that have started out strong, are most likely to fade?
- Value of: Frolik to Montreal
- Robidas value is showing now.