With the 2013 NHL Draft now passed, the focus can now turn to the class of 2014. Since Beyond Tomorrow looks at those players eligible for the next draft class, this is the last opportunity to discuss the 2014 draft-eligible players before shifting attention to the 2015's. With that in mind, here is a recap of the best of the late-1995 and 1996-born players.
For much of the 2012-13 season, Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones was considered the consensus top prospect in the upcoming 2013 NHL Draft. With the Colorado Avalanche holding the top pick it appeared to be a foregone conclusion that Jones would be heading to Denver, where his father once played professional basketball and where Seth first started playing hockey.
If the pre-draft hype is to be believed, 2013 will be a banner year for draft-eligible players coming out of the QMJHL. Not only is the league celebrating their third consecutive Memorial Cup championship, this time led by a pair of draft-eligible Halifax Mooseheads in Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin, but as many as eight or nine QMJHL players could be selected in the first round of this year's draft.
- GDT: 12/11/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 9:30PM CST - FS-N, FS-W
- Post Game Talk: Leafs fall 3-1 to the Kings| In other news, our penalty kill still sucks
- Value of: Scott Hartnell
- GDT: Habs @ Flyers - 7PM ET - RDS/TSN-HABS/CSN-PH
- GDT: Ducks Vs Wild 12/11 vodka 7:30 tonight
- Winnipeg Jets tickets available at discount price