Tri-City Americans goaltender and Winnipeg Jets prospect Eric Comrie is the Hockey's Future Prospect of the Month for January. Comrie is coming off a dominant month of hockey in January, where he went 8-2-0-1 in 11 appearances while allowing only 15 goals.
For the second year in a row, Team Canada took the somber and quiet flight home from the World Junior Championship without a medal to show for their efforts. Thankfully for the young men who made up the team, it was also a second straight year where other news in the hockey world quickly drew the attention of media and fans elsewhere. Meanwhile, Hockey Canada is left to once again regroup and diagnose what went wrong and how they can find a way back to their winning ways that were once commonplace and are now proving to be more and more elusive.
Here is a look at a few of the players who made a significant impact at the 2014 BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Calgary.
While there appeared to be some nerves early on among the group of 40 players competing at the 2014 BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Calgary, the teams were able to find a way to settle in and provide at least two periods of fast-paced, entertaining hockey.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time