Germany headed into their Monday match-up with the Czech Republic with three lopsided losses to show for their 2014 World Junior Championship efforts to date. Added to that, they were entering the contest without their best player, Leon Draisaitl, who was suspended for one game.
There's an old saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Although Canada is definitely a hockey mad country, especially when it comes to the World Junior Championship tournament, the brain trust at Hockey Canada has changed their approach to selecting their 2014 Under-20 team in hopes of once again finding a golden result.
In the 2012-13 season, the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles were the worst team in the QMJHL, if not the entire CHL. Coming on the heels of two lackluster seasons of rebuilding, the Eagles won just 14 games out of the 68-game schedule and endured lengthy injuries to their top players at every position.
- 2014 Wild Off-Season Thread
- Peter Forsberg vs Eric Lindros
- Would the world be better off if religion didn't exist
- Draft lottery changes coming: 2015 odds tweaked, 2016 top three spots drawn
- Prospect Info: Where does Hayes rank in our prospect rankings?
- TV: Big Brother 16 Part 4: Beast Mode Cowboy & the Froot Loop Dingus Fooligans (Read OP)