For hockey fans across the globe, the preliminary round of the 2013 IIHF WJC has been just about everything anyone had ever hoped for. There’s been no lack of tension, rivalries, intrigue and background stories that have come together to make this tournament the type that fans everywhere crave.
In 2011, the USHL increased the amount of foreign players each club could carry from two to four. As a result, many teams have put more emphasis on global scouting in order to recruit European skaters that will improve their teams. But, while many of the foreign players in the USHL are from Canada, two teams are reaping the benefits of their global outreach and, in turn, have improved the league’s brand among the global hockey community.
After the very good results from the last two World Junior Championships, where they grabbed a gold and a silver medal, Team Russia will play at home for the first time since 2001 and are hoping for a better finish in 2013 than their seventh place showing in twelve years ago.
- Value of: Wayne Simmonds
- Minnesota's Dirty Antics vs Stars
- GDT: Game #65 Montreal Canadiens @ San Jose SHARKS 7:00pm PST March 8, 2014 CSNCa KFox
- GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ San Jose Sharks 10:00PM EST (CBC HD, RDS HD)
- GDT: GAME #66 - Canucks vs. Flames, Saturday March 8th, CBC 7PM - Rock Bottom
- Post-Trade Deadlne Thread