Below is the top-10 section of Hockey's Future's NHL Team Rankings. The teams are ranked in terms of the quality of their overall prospect pool as voted on by the staff of Hockey's Future. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice a year.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Improved depth in goal
- Scoring potential at both right and left wing
- Depth at left wing needs improvement
- Scoring depth at center and defense
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
The St. Louis Blues entered the 2012 NHL Draft with a loaded prospect pool, consisting of players such as Vladimir Tarasenko, Jaden Schwartz, and Ty Rattie, who rely more on their speed, skill, and hockey IQ, than size and grit. The main focus for the Blues in 2012 was adding size, grit, and offensive depth to the cupboards.
The St. Louis Blues will face increased expectations next season after winning the Central Division for the first time since the 1999-00 season and making the playoffs for just the second time since the 2004-05 lockout. For that same reason, they also have a relatively small number of questions surrounding the roster and player roles heading into the offseason.
Plenty of St. Louis prospects made noise during their team's respective postseason runs with several bringing home league championships. Two prospects were integral to Saint John's run toward their second consecutive QMJHL Championship while a third Quebec League prospect came out on top at the Memorial Cup. The Blues were also represented on the Swedish Elite League champion Brynas team. Several other prospects ranked among their league's top scorers during the playoffs despite falling short of the championship.
- Useless Thread MCLXXXIV: Alcohol Appreciation Thread
- The Schedule Looks Brutal From Here Out
- Michel Therrien knows more about hockey than you do.
- Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II
- Nolan suckerpunch
- 13-14 Around the League: Changes to HNIC (Strombo the new Host, Millard, Marek too)