The top six prospects from last month's rankings are the same six players holding down those slots in this month's list. And in fact, the players are ranked exactly as they were in January, so the ISS view of the draft's top prospects seems to be more settled as the 2013-14 regular season heads towards its conclusion.
You can judge a fine wine by its vintage. For the next generation of NHL goaltenders, the second and third round of 2012 was a particularly fine year. The top five NHL-drafted netminders currently playing in the OHL were drafted within 52 picks of one another, and all are currently playing key roles in the playoff fortunes of their respective squads.
It simply wasn’t supposed to go this way. The script was different and everyone knew it heading in, seeing a loaded Swedish roster ready to bring home Gold while playing, well, at home.
While there were some concerns that playing as the host team might create too much pressure for Sweden, the team has instead played as if it didn't matter where the 2014 World Junior Championship was being contested. The Swedes have so far made an undeated run through this tournament, but they must now defeat their greatest rival, Finland, a second time to take their second gold medal in three years.
- GDT: Game #64 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers | 12:30 PM EST | NBC
- GDT: Red Wings @ Rangers - 12:30 PM - NBC
- Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Capitals, March 10th, 2014
- I give up on the following...
- Injury Report: Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand
- Watch how the Leafs tighten things up come playoff time....