Sweden was sailing through the preliminary round of the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship until they ran into a brick wall in the form of Team Canada in the final game of the opening round. Canada blanked the Swedes, 6-0, marring what had otherwise been a good showing for Sweden at this U18.
The preliminary round has come and gone at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, and Groups A and B each featured one fairly dominant team.
Team Sweden can proudly look back upon three straight silver medals. What has certainly left a very bitter taste in the program’s mouth is the fact that all three have been pushed upon them in the gold medal game by Team USA, who has accordingly won three straight gold medals. It isn’t enough that several of the current team’s players not only experienced last spring’s 7-0 thrashing at the hands of Team USA, but several others also found themselves subjected to the 3-1 gold medal game loss to the US at the WJC this past winter.
- Confirmed with Link: Boudreau nominated for Jack Adams
- NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 4)
- Injury Report: Jason Spezza Injury Thread Pt II: Playing in Game 3
- Speculation: Your Team's Off-season Plans
- GDT: ECSF #2 - 5/19/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 3:00 PM - NBC, TSN
- OT: Sens Lounge LX | Believe in Beville Edition