The preliminary round has come and gone at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, and Groups A and B each featured one fairly dominant team.
Team Sweden can proudly look back upon three straight silver medals. What has certainly left a very bitter taste in the program’s mouth is the fact that all three have been pushed upon them in the gold medal game by Team USA, who has accordingly won three straight gold medals. It isn’t enough that several of the current team’s players not only experienced last spring’s 7-0 thrashing at the hands of Team USA, but several others also found themselves subjected to the 3-1 gold medal game loss to the US at the WJC this past winter.
Surpassed by opponents and passed over by scouts, Viktor Arvidsson is a frequent silver medalist without an NHL affiliation. The latter figures to be changing this summer, though, after his impressive performance for Sweden at the recently-concluded World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia.
- All-Purpose Israel/Palestine Thread Part II - War in Gaza
- HF Partner: Suggested NHL Draft System: Honour for Connor
- OT: Jets Lounge: The Farts Have Just Started
- Evaluate Chevy - Part II
- Is Success During Original Six Era Relevant?
- Confirmed with Link: Ryan O'Reilly Thread Part IV - O'Reilly SIGNS 2 yrs 12M (6M AAV) - No Arbitration