Sweden's roster at the 2013 World Junior Championship features several players that have been drafted by NHL teams. But one 1993-born player that was passed over in the previous two drafts is having a good showing at this WJC, perhaps making himself more of a commodity once the 2012-13 season has ended.
Sweden's roster for the 2013 World Junior Championship features a handful of players that are eligible for the NHL Draft for the first time. While blue-chip prospects like Elias Lindholm and Robert Hagg have been given enough ice time to show off their skills, a highly regarded prospect like Jacob de la Rose has had to fill a more limited role that may not be a perfect fit for his abilities.
For Sweden's Filip Forsberg, the 2013 World Junior Championship provides a chance to cement the idea that Sweden has arrived as a hockey power at the junior level. Forsberg was a part of his country's gold medal squad at the 2012 World Juniors, with his performance at that tournament no doubt helping to solidify his stock for the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Useless Thread MCCXXXVII: Revive P*
- Select all 30 teams' All-Time MVP
- Spezza, L. Karlsson traded to DAL for Chiasson, Part II: Cue the next whipping boy.
- Speculation: Steven Stamkos' next contract
- Republican 2016 Presidential Candidate Speculation/Discussion/Rumors
- OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part V