Colorado College’s Gustav Olofsson watched on from his Broomfield, CO, home as Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks began taking their rounds hoisting the Stanley Cup following the Blackhawks wild, come-from-behind 3-2 Game 6 victory.
When a kid grows up playing ice hockey in either Norway or Denmark and shows above-average abilities or an innate understanding of the game, he’ll often find his way to one of the many excellent junior programs that dot the Swedish ice hockey landscape. This is exactly what has taken place for the currently 5’10”, 170-pound Norwegian defenseman Mattias Norstebo (written Nørstebø in Norwegian and Nörstebö in Swedish).
Adler, a small, rather nameless coastal resort just south of Sochi that is receiving worldwide attention as one of the hosting places of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, recently was packed with hockey scouts, journalists and the top players born in 1995 or later for the IIHF Under-18 World Championship.
- PGDT-Poll: SCP Game 3| Capitals @ Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | PO Edition | F/TBD
- Who is the best Sharks coach in history?
- Newcomer Garbowsky feels at home in Rochester
- Proposal: Lucic for grabner+
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers, 19/4, 10:30PM EST
- NBA: Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers, 19/4, 8:00PM EST