The hosts of the 2014 World Junior Championship went a perfect 4-0 in the preliminary round, as Sweden dispatched Russia in their final game of the round, 3-2. The win sends the Swedes to a quarterfinal match against Slovakia on Thursday in Malmo, Sweden.
While a majority of the players on the roster for Sweden at the 2014 World Junior Championship were plucked directly from that country, there is a handful of Swedes that are plying their trade in North America. One such player is defenseman Gustav Olofsson, a Minnesota Wild prospect who is currently playing NCAA hockey for Colorado College.
The 2014 edition of Sweden's World Junior Championship team sports an impressive amount of talent, although perhaps not quite on a par with the team that won the WJC in Calgary two years ago. But this year's team is meeting expectations so far as they have crafted a perfect record through three tournament games.
- Pre-Game Talk: 2014 NHL Entry Draft - Part III
- GDT: 3/11 7:30pm Leafs @ Sharks
- GDT: Leafs @ Sharks Reimer this Reimer that (Reimer versus the Sharks)
- Useless Thread MCLXXXV: Dream Appreciation Thread | Ph.D. in "Broscience"
- Some Jets fans go too far with abuse of 11-year-old in Tavares jersey
- KFC Big Boss has arrived