Sweden's roster at the 2013 World Junior Championship features several players that have been drafted by NHL teams. But one 1993-born player that was passed over in the previous two drafts is having a good showing at this WJC, perhaps making himself more of a commodity once the 2012-13 season has ended.
Sweden's roster for the 2013 World Junior Championship features a handful of players that are eligible for the NHL Draft for the first time. While blue-chip prospects like Elias Lindholm and Robert Hagg have been given enough ice time to show off their skills, a highly regarded prospect like Jacob de la Rose has had to fill a more limited role that may not be a perfect fit for his abilities.
For Sweden's Filip Forsberg, the 2013 World Junior Championship provides a chance to cement the idea that Sweden has arrived as a hockey power at the junior level. Forsberg was a part of his country's gold medal squad at the 2012 World Juniors, with his performance at that tournament no doubt helping to solidify his stock for the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Value of: Teravainen, McNeill and 2013 1st for a top 10 pick with Monahan on the board
- Pie and Shattenkirk contracts
- All Encompassing Tortorella..ella..ella..eh..eh...and Glen Cigar Thread Part V
- Gary Lawless: Burmistrov wants out of Winnipeg
- GDT: Game 4 - (4)Boston Bruins @ (6)New York Rangers - 7:30PM - CNBC - Torts Edition
- Player Discussion: Tyler Seguin