The first thing that most people notice about Ryan MacInnis is his size. Even just having turned 17 years old a couple of weeks ago, MacInnis already stands 6’3” and weighs 174 pounds. His size is imposing, even on a U.S. National Team Development Program team that is peppered with big bodies.
Coming into the 2013 World Junior Championship as the reigning gold medal champions, Sweden knew right from the beginning that a repeat performance would be no easy task. Not only could a number one goalie not be determined before the tournament began, but not a team in the tournament came in missing what was possibly its four most recognizable and important U-20 pieces, a situation Sweden had to deal with right off the bat.
Sweden's roster at the 2013 World Junior Championship features several players that have been drafted by NHL teams. But one 1993-born player that was passed over in the previous two drafts is having a good showing at this WJC, perhaps making himself more of a commodity once the 2012-13 season has ended.
- GDT: 12/11/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 9:30PM CST - FS-N, FS-W
- Post Game Talk: Leafs fall 3-1 to the Kings| In other news, our penalty kill still sucks
- Value of: Scott Hartnell
- GDT: Habs @ Flyers - 7PM ET - RDS/TSN-HABS/CSN-PH
- GDT: Ducks Vs Wild 12/11 vodka 7:30 tonight
- Winnipeg Jets tickets available at discount price