While his season with the Frolunda Indians of the SHL hasn't been an offensively productive one, Team Sweden forward Sebastian Collberg is doing at the 2014 World Junior Championship what he has done at previous WJC's, namely generating offense.
As the host team for the 2014 World Junior Championship, Sweden has so far avoided the trap of being a highly-favored host that suffers an ignominious defeat at the hands of a weaker opponent. But the stakes get a little higher for the Swedes with the end of the preliminary round and the start of the playoff round, which sees them facing plucky Slovakia in their quarterfinal match.
With the clock winding down in regulation and the score deadlocked at 2, Sweden forward Jacob de la Rose drifted towards the front of the Russian goal to deflect a shot by Gustav Olofsson past Russia's goaltender Andrey Vasilevskiy to give Sweden the 3-2 lead and the win at the 2014 World Junior Championship.
- Useless Thread MCCXXXVII: Revive P*
- Select all 30 teams' All-Time MVP
- Spezza, L. Karlsson traded to DAL for Chiasson, Part II: Cue the next whipping boy.
- Speculation: Steven Stamkos' next contract
- Republican 2016 Presidential Candidate Speculation/Discussion/Rumors
- OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part V