Injuries the past couple of seasons have limited Sweden forward Nick Sorensen's time on the ice. But, the Anaheim Ducks prospect has managed to stay healthy this season, and is taking part in his second consecutive U20 World Junior Championship.
While a majority of the players on the roster for Sweden at the 2014 World Junior Championship were plucked directly from that country, there is a handful of Swedes that are plying their trade in North America. One such player is defenseman Gustav Olofsson, a Minnesota Wild prospect who is currently playing NCAA hockey for Colorado College.
The 2014 edition of Sweden's World Junior Championship team sports an impressive amount of talent, although perhaps not quite on a par with the team that won the WJC in Calgary two years ago. But this year's team is meeting expectations so far as they have crafted a perfect record through three tournament games.
- Useless Thread MCCXXXVII: Revive P*
- Select all 30 teams' All-Time MVP
- Spezza, L. Karlsson traded to DAL for Chiasson, Part II: Cue the next whipping boy.
- Speculation: Steven Stamkos' next contract
- Republican 2016 Presidential Candidate Speculation/Discussion/Rumors
- OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part V