The preliminary round has come and gone at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, and Groups A and B each featured one fairly dominant team.
For two years running, Switzerland’s U18 team hasn’t been able to prevent itself from winding up in relegation round play. Once there, the teams have been able to finish on top and thus, seventh overall in the tournament. This year’s team is confident it can get over that hump and it will look at the performance of its U20 team in Ufa for inspiration.
Mirco Mueller could be excused if he is a little disorientated this week while playing at the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Halifax. Ever since the start of the 2013 calendar year, the young Swiss defenseman has spent almost as much time traveling on airplanes as he has playing hockey.
After last year’s trip to the relegation round, Team Switzerland managed to sneak back into the top-6 at the 2013 World Junior Championship, although this year they took a pretty unusual route to claim one of the four berths in the quarter-finals.
- Value of: Teravainen, McNeill and 2013 1st for a top 10 pick with Monahan on the board
- Pie and Shattenkirk contracts
- All Encompassing Tortorella..ella..ella..eh..eh...and Glen Cigar Thread Part V
- Gary Lawless: Burmistrov wants out of Winnipeg
- GDT: Game 4 - (4)Boston Bruins @ (6)New York Rangers - 7:30PM - CNBC - Torts Edition
- Player Discussion: Tyler Seguin