Mirco Mueller could be excused if he is a little disorientated this week while playing at the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Halifax. Ever since the start of the 2013 calendar year, the young Swiss defenseman has spent almost as much time traveling on airplanes as he has playing hockey.
After last year’s trip to the relegation round, Team Switzerland managed to sneak back into the top-6 at the 2013 World Junior Championship, although this year they took a pretty unusual route to claim one of the four berths in the quarter-finals.
For hockey fans across the globe, the preliminary round of the 2013 IIHF WJC has been just about everything anyone had ever hoped for. There’s been no lack of tension, rivalries, intrigue and background stories that have come together to make this tournament the type that fans everywhere crave.
For the past two years, the under-20 national team of Switzerland has been desperately trying to reach the quarter-finals of the World Junior Championship. But, after two WJC's with heartbreaking losses in the decisive preliminary round game, and despite Swiss Ice Hockey’s success in avoiding relegation, the team saw a major coaching staff overhaul during the summer.
- Official 2013-14 "Stay Positive/ Silver Linings" Thread
- Coyotes prepared to host an outdoor game
- Useless Thread MXIV: Warning: Will Cause Love <3
- Movies: Who were the Best Actors from 73-92?
- Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVII)
- GDT: Game #33: Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00PM PST - SNET-P