The preliminary round has come and gone at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, and Groups A and B each featured one fairly dominant team.
For two years running, Switzerland’s U18 team hasn’t been able to prevent itself from winding up in relegation round play. Once there, the teams have been able to finish on top and thus, seventh overall in the tournament. This year’s team is confident it can get over that hump and it will look at the performance of its U20 team in Ufa for inspiration.
Mirco Mueller could be excused if he is a little disorientated this week while playing at the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Halifax. Ever since the start of the 2013 calendar year, the young Swiss defenseman has spent almost as much time traveling on airplanes as he has playing hockey.
After last year’s trip to the relegation round, Team Switzerland managed to sneak back into the top-6 at the 2013 World Junior Championship, although this year they took a pretty unusual route to claim one of the four berths in the quarter-finals.
- Probably a stupid question about the penalty kill
- Puck hits Getzlaf in face
- OT Hedgefund billionaires to buy NBA Milwaulkee Bucks for ~$550mm
- GDT: PDSF Game 1 - 04.16.14 - at Anaheim - 9:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM/96.7 FM
- GDT: Stars vs. Ducks Part 2 (Game 1)
- GDT: Game 1 | Ducks vs. Stars, 7pm PDT (9 central! 10 EDT) - NBCSN