Home. The dirty and worn arenas, the old backyard rinks, the smells of sweat, shaved ice, and hope. The 5 AM practices, the endless games of road hockey in driveways and streets. This is the place where it all begins. Read more»
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Gritty bottom-six forwards with good size
- Character players in all positions
- Two-way defenseman
- Top-end talent in goal and at forward
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Below is the 11-20 segment of the Hockey’s Future 2014-15 Fall NHL team rankings. The teams are ranked in terms of the quality of their overall prospect pool as voted on by members of the HF staff. For reference purposes, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF’s prospect criteria. The ranking is done twice a year, in the Fall and Spring. Each team’s rank from the previous rankings is listed in parentheses.
The emergence of New Jersey Devils defenseman Damon Severson as an offensive presence after making the jump directly from junior hockey to the NHL has been a bit of a surprise. Tanner Pearson was expected to make an impact for the Los Angeles Kings after seeing regular ice time during the Stanley Cup playoffs, but few expected the eye-popping offensive numbers he has put up so far. Read more»
October is an interesting month in regard to following NHL prospects – a hot start to the season can sometimes mean prolonged success, but it can also just simply be a hot start. The prospects mentioned below are hoping it’s the former and not the latter. Read more»
Over the last few years, the Toronto Maple Leafs have utilized the NHL Draft to build depth across all positions within their prospect ranks. While the question of how much of an impact that depth will have on the parent club is hard to gauge, the Leafs most recent training camp showed that depth is translating into competition for roster spots at the NHL level.
- Sebastian Colberg
- GDT: CDF Game 3: Chicago Blackhawks at Minnesota Wild, TUE MAY 5, 2015, 7:00 PM CDT
- Mika Zibanejad vs Evgeny Kuznetsov
- Best top lines still in the playoffs?
- Red Fisher Conference Finals: Macon Whoopee vs. New Jersey Swamp Devils
- Jim Coleman Conference Finals: Pittsburgh AC vs. Philadelphia Flyers