The Grizzlies are the top minor league affiliate of the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League.
The Steelheads announced that Utah’s training camp for the 2000-2001 season will open in Boise on Sept. 20 and that the Grizzlies will practice through Sept. 26. Most of the Steelheads players will be included in the Grizzlies’ camp.
The Grizzlies and Steelheads will play a pair of exhibition games at the Bank of America Centre in September.
Grizzlies coach Bob Bourne said he intends to take full advantage of the agreement, sending younger players to Boise to get more skating time and giving other players “a wake-up call.”
Bourne said he will also benefit from having a true affiliate nearby.
Steelheads coach John Olver said that he expected four to six players to be signed to two-way contracts and that those players would move back and forth between the Grizzlies and Steelheads.
He added that there is also the possibility for some three-way contracts, where a player could potentially play for the Steelheads, Grizzlies and Stars in the same season.
Olver thinks the new deal will have an immediate impact in bringing better players to Boise.
- Sharks annouces partnership with PrimeSport as offical fan travel partner
- GDT: Game #22 - 11.25.14 - vs Edmonton - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM
- Proposal: Philadelphia/Edmonton
- Would legal Loan-sharking be one of the Biggest businesses today in the world?
- Trading non-factor players for difference makers
- The Leafs are Number One.. in Financial Value for the 9th Year in a Row