With over 40 prospects currently in their system, and at least 10 picks in the first two rounds of the 2014 and 2015 NHL Drafts, the Buffalo Sabres are aggressively re-building. Two players graduate from the fall Top 20 rankings – former University of Maine standout Brian Flynn is now a fixture with the big club and winger Corey Tropp is now a Columbus Blue Jacket after being waived in November.
As well as acting as the hub for the Kootenay Ice, Cranbrook, BC is widely regarded for its rich railway history which dates back to the turn of the twentieth century. So it’s almost poetic that Rinat Valiev landed there in an effort to get a potential NHL career back on track.
The Pittsburgh Penguins lead the NHL's Eastern Conference with 40 wins and 84 points despite amassing over 350 man-games lost to injury. The team has suffered major injuries at every position and at one point were missing four of their top-six defensemen, two of their top-six forwards, and their backup goaltender.
- Useless Thread MCLXXXIV: Alcohol Appreciation Thread
- The Schedule Looks Brutal From Here Out
- Michel Therrien knows more about hockey than you do.
- Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II
- Nolan suckerpunch
- 13-14 Around the League: Changes to HNIC (Strombo the new Host, Millard, Marek too)