In 1996, JP Parise, father of Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, was approached to take over a fledgling hockey program for a small but well known boarding school in Faribault, Minnesota. Since then, the program has gone on to win multiple national championships at all levels of minor hockey while attracting the services of young talented stars like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Nathan MacKinnon.
It’s not that they are all in the same class as Motte is a freshman, while Di Pauli and O’Regan are sophomores. Nor are they teammates, since Motte plays for the University of Michigan, Di Pauli is at Notre Dame, and O’Regan plays for Boston University.
While the BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game marks the first competitive opportunity on Saddledome ice for Ryan MacInnis of the Kitchener Rangers, there is a long history of his family’s success in the building that accommodates the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League. Ryan's father, Hockey Hall of Fame defenseman Al MacInnis, spent parts of 13 seasons with the Flames, including the Stanley Cup-winning campaign in 1988-89.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time