A year after capturing the gold medal at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Russia, the Americans finished out of medal contention this year with a fifth-place finish. Although Team USA as a whole played well in the tournament, the team couldn’t quite find the same magic at this year's WJC.
In 1996, JP Parise, father of Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, was approached to take over a fledgling hockey program for a small but well known boarding school in Faribault, Minnesota. Since then, the program has gone on to win multiple national championships at all levels of minor hockey while attracting the services of young talented stars like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Nathan MacKinnon.
It’s not that they are all in the same class as Motte is a freshman, while Di Pauli and O’Regan are sophomores. Nor are they teammates, since Motte plays for the University of Michigan, Di Pauli is at Notre Dame, and O’Regan plays for Boston University.
- Oilers haven't led once during their eight game losing skid..
- Proposal: Marc Methot (Ottawa) to Boston for a forward
- GDT: Game 23: Jeopardy Part 2 | Hawks at Ducks | Nov. 28, 2014 | 3:00 PM CT | NHL-US | WGN
- Line Combos: Split up Giroux and Voracek?
- What do you feel is the most useless stat?
- News Article: Eller: “The gap between the forwards and defencemen is too big a lot of the time...”