Having a senior class that can guide a mostly younger team is crucial in not only the success of the program but also in the development of their younger players. But, over the last several years, few NCAA teams have been hit harder by non-graduating player departures than Northeastern University.
As a child growing up in the Boston area, there is probably only one thing other than playing in the Stanley Cup finals for the Bruins that every young hockey player dreams of playing for and that is the Beanpot.
Ji Young Li and Michael Mylchreest grew up playing hockey with and against each other in San Jose, CA. Both were members of the Jr. Sharks program and distinguished themselves among their peers by choosing to leave the Bay Area and compete against 16-to-20-year-old's in junior hockey.
Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
- GDT: Game #64 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers | 12:30 PM EST | NBC
- GDT: Red Wings @ Rangers - 12:30 PM - NBC
- Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Capitals, March 10th, 2014
- I give up on the following...
- Injury Report: Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand
- Watch how the Leafs tighten things up come playoff time....