With 14 players picking up points for Team USA in their 7-1 win over Latvia at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, it was as good a time as any for defenseman Tommy Vannelli to pick up his first point of the tournament. Vannelli scored the final goal of the game to get off the U18 schneid.
After a tough loss in their opening game against Russia at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, the USA bounced back to defeat the Czech Republic, 4-3, in another tight contest. The four-time defending gold medalists weathered a two-man disadvantage in the final frame to preserve their victory.
Despite an opening game loss to Russia at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, Team USA forward Jack Eichel's first U18 game was a memorable one. After all, how many 16-year-old's can say that they played their first U18 WJC game in front of a packed house that included the president from the host country?
It's difficult to think that the United States might not be able to defend their title from the last year and go on to win their fifth gold medal in a row and eighth in the history of the Under-18 World Junior Championship.
- News Article: Ron MacLean forced to defend himself after comment about French-Canadian referees
- OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)
- Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread
- Around the League LXIII
- Advanced Stats and the 2014 Playoffs Penguins
- Speculation: 1st Goal Prediction Game (2014 Playoff Edition)