Just hours before the Pittsburgh Penguins hosted the New York Islanders Tuesday night at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA, a press conference was held to announce that the Penguins and the city of Pittsburgh would host the second annual USA Hockey/CCM All-American Prospects Game.
The U.S. National Development Team Program (NTFP) has developed into one of the top producers of talent eligible for the NHL Draft. With each passing year, the number of players drafted by NHL clubs directly from this program grows, making it THE top producer of American talent for the NHL.
As the USHL season nears its halfway point, Hockey’s Future is offering a look at 10 players that you should have your eye on for this year's NHL Draft. All 10 players are currently on USHL teams and are eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft. Players from the U.S. NTDP squad competing in the USHL were not included in this review.
With the first half of the 2012-13 season drawing to a close and the second half getting underway, there were plenty of prospect stories making the rounds in college hockey in December. Hockey’s Future takes a look back at the final month of the 2012 calendar year. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of Dec. 31.
- GDT: Game #64 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers | 12:30 PM EST | NBC
- GDT: Red Wings @ Rangers - 12:30 PM - NBC
- Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Capitals, March 10th, 2014
- I give up on the following...
- Injury Report: Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand
- Watch how the Leafs tighten things up come playoff time....