The current tale of the tape, Western Hockey League style, quite convincingly suggests the Portland Winterhawks will probably supply the “long and short of it” when the time comes for NHL teams to make their selections at the 2013 NHL Draft in Newark, New Jersey.
Having a senior class that can guide a mostly younger team is crucial in not only the success of the program but also in the development of their younger players. But, over the last several years, few NCAA teams have been hit harder by non-graduating player departures than Northeastern University.
As a child growing up in the Boston area, there is probably only one thing other than playing in the Stanley Cup finals for the Bruins that every young hockey player dreams of playing for and that is the Beanpot.
Ji Young Li and Michael Mylchreest grew up playing hockey with and against each other in San Jose, CA. Both were members of the Jr. Sharks program and distinguished themselves among their peers by choosing to leave the Bay Area and compete against 16-to-20-year-old's in junior hockey.
- Probably a stupid question about the penalty kill
- Puck hits Getzlaf in face
- OT Hedgefund billionaires to buy NBA Milwaulkee Bucks for ~$550mm
- GDT: PDSF Game 1 - 04.16.14 - at Anaheim - 9:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM/96.7 FM
- GDT: Stars vs. Ducks Part 2 (Game 1)
- GDT: Game 1 | Ducks vs. Stars, 7pm PDT (9 central! 10 EDT) - NBCSN