There is a handful of top prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft taking part at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia. While no player from this group has been dominating at this tournament, one player who has most likely solidified his status as a top prospect, and maybe THE top prospect, for this draft is USA defenseman, Seth Jones.
While there isn't just one element that contributes to a gold medal win at the World Junior Championship, one thing that is almost always needed to complete the feat is strong goaltending. And right now at the 2013 edition of this tournament, it appears that Team USA has that element locked up heading into the gold medal game.
The defense for Team USA at the 2013 World Junior Championship has been very offensive, in a good way. The seven defensemen that have suited up for that country have totaled 10 goals and 17 assists so far in the tournament, with only the gold medal game left to contest.
- TV: True Detective (Part II)
- GDT: #63 - Pittsburgh vs Anaheim - Let's teach them a lesson!
- Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Avs | Saturday, March 8th, 1pm MT | Start up the Bandwagon
- 4-5 years from now, Calle Jarnkrok will be a...
- Republicans vote to deny veterans benefits
- OT: 1st OFFICIAL HFStars Meet Up - Retirement Night (3/08) - Katy Trail Ice House