This year’s crop of draft-eligible players for the NHL Draft isn’t as strong as in recent drafts. Nevertheless, the NCAA does have some players who could hear their names called when the draft gets underway on June 30th in New Jersey.
Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
Just hours before the Pittsburgh Penguins hosted the New York Islanders Tuesday night at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA, a press conference was held to announce that the Penguins and the city of Pittsburgh would host the second annual USA Hockey/CCM All-American Prospects Game.
The U.S. National Development Team Program (NTFP) has developed into one of the top producers of talent eligible for the NHL Draft. With each passing year, the number of players drafted by NHL clubs directly from this program grows, making it THE top producer of American talent for the NHL.
As the USHL season nears its halfway point, Hockey’s Future is offering a look at 10 players that you should have your eye on for this year's NHL Draft. All 10 players are currently on USHL teams and are eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft. Players from the U.S. NTDP squad competing in the USHL were not included in this review.
- Blue Jays Discussion: Trade Deadline Coming Up
- Where does Doughty rank amongst Dmen in the league?
- Confirmed with Link: Leafs fire Claude Loiselle and Dave Poulin. Kyle Dubas named Assistant GM
- Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign warsofsky
- Transfer: Summer Transfers, rumors etc. Part 5
- Trades that seemed good at the time