Freshman Hudson Fasching had had quite the season so far with the University of Minnesota. The Burnsville, MN native currently leads the Golden Gophers in frosh scoring with 28 points (12 goals, 16 assists) in 36 games. Fasching was earlier named to the Big Ten All-Rookie Team.
Thatcher Demko has already won a Beanpot Championship this season, but he is far from done. The Boston College netminder enters the playoff season as the top-ranked North American goaltender in Central Scouting's midterm rankings and is ready to impress.
Hockey in Minnesota can be traced back to 1883 when Frank Barron introduced the game of ice polo to the town of St. Paul. 15 years later, the first hockey game in Minnesota would be played under the lights of Athletic Park in Minneapolis. The entire state quickly fell in love with the game and to help aid its growing popularity, communities all over the Gopher State began putting up their own ice rinks.
The top six prospects from last month's rankings are the same six players holding down those slots in this month's list. And in fact, the players are ranked exactly as they were in January, so the ISS view of the draft's top prospects seems to be more settled as the 2013-14 regular season heads towards its conclusion.
- PGDT-Poll: SCP Game 3| Capitals @ Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | PO Edition | F/TBD
- Who is the best Sharks coach in history?
- Newcomer Garbowsky feels at home in Rochester
- Proposal: Lucic for grabner+
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers, 19/4, 10:30PM EST
- NBA: Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers, 19/4, 8:00PM EST