It has been an interesting 2014 World Junior Championship so far, with one major upset plus a fair amont of offense being generated, albeit with a couple of teams proving to be far more generous than most of the field competing in Malmo, Sweden.
Hershey Bears defenseman Connor Carrick has had an eventful season so far in the 2013-14 campaign. He started the season as a 19-year-old NHL rookie, suiting up for the Washington Capitals for three early-season contests. He was then sent to the Bears for more seasoning, where he has appeared in 13 games so far this season.
This year’s United States squad will look vastly different from the team that won the gold medal at last year's World Junior Championship held in Ufa, Russia, as Team USA returns only three players from last year’s squad. Among the notable eligible returnees absent from this year’s WJC team are Alex Galchenyuk and Jacob Trouba, both of whom are now playing in the NHL with the Montreal Canadiens and Winnipeg Jets, respectively.
- GDT: Vanouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars - 7:00 PM PST
- Original 6 Hockey Draft: Pick #120
- PGDT-Poll: #76| Anaheim Ducks @ New York Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | F/TBD
- Bored at work part II, drinking mexican coffee
- GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/28/2015
- Movies: Spooks: The Greater Good Kit Harington spy Movie