As the USHL season nears its halfway point, Hockey’s Future is offering a look at 10 players that you should have your eye on for this year's NHL Draft. All 10 players are currently on USHL teams and are eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft. Players from the U.S. NTDP squad competing in the USHL were not included in this review.
With the first half of the 2012-13 season drawing to a close and the second half getting underway, there were plenty of prospect stories making the rounds in college hockey in December. Hockey’s Future takes a look back at the final month of the 2012 calendar year. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of Dec. 31.
Jimmy Lodge may have found himself under the microscope early in the season courtesy of the NHL’s Central Scouting preliminary rankings — but inconsistent and tentative play made it hard to see the Downington, PA native on the ice. But through effort and consistency, he’s worked his way to the top of the Saginaw Spirit’s depth chart — and he hopes to parallel that rise up the NHL Draft charts.
- Confirmed with Link: Caps clean house: McPhee gone, Oates gone
- Worst Starting Goalie of All Time?
- 2014 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Part VI
- The OHL’s new rules against “staged” fights and what they mean to the NHL
- Sharks remove "C" from Thornton
- Rate the music of what the previous member is listening to (Part IV)