The USA completed their comeback from a poor showing at last year's U-20 World Junior Championship to win the gold medal at the 2013 edition of this event.
There is a handful of top prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft taking part at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia. While no player from this group has been dominating at this tournament, one player who has most likely solidified his status as a top prospect, and maybe THE top prospect, for this draft is USA defenseman, Seth Jones.
While there isn't just one element that contributes to a gold medal win at the World Junior Championship, one thing that is almost always needed to complete the feat is strong goaltending. And right now at the 2013 edition of this tournament, it appears that Team USA has that element locked up heading into the gold medal game.
- All-Purpose Israel/Palestine Thread Part II - War in Gaza
- HF Partner: Suggested NHL Draft System: Honour for Connor
- OT: Jets Lounge: The Farts Have Just Started
- Evaluate Chevy - Part II
- Is Success During Original Six Era Relevant?
- Confirmed with Link: Ryan O'Reilly Thread Part IV - O'Reilly SIGNS 2 yrs 12M (6M AAV) - No Arbitration