As long as Brady Skjei can remember, he wanted to be a Minnesota Gopher. His grandfather Stan Skjei and relative Brett Sadek both played football at the University of Minnesota and like many other players born in the self-proclaimed State of Hockey, Skjei went to many games at Mariucci Arena in Minneapolis hoping to one day be on the other side of the Plexiglas representing the school as a student-athlete.
The final month of 2013 marked the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half of the 2013-14 NCAA hockey season. Hockey’s Future takes a look back at the many notable performances by NHL prospects around college hockey during the month of December. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of January 5th, 2014.
Forward Anthony Mantha (DET) is the Hockey's Future Prospect of the Month for December. An offensively prolific player since the start of the 2013-14 season, Mantha took his game to another level in December, with 14 points in five QMJHL games and 10 points through the preliminary round of the 2014 World Junior Championship.
Team USA started their quarterfinal contest against Russia on the offensive, scoring three goals to take a 3-2 lead into the first intermission. But a string of USA penalties in the second period swung the momentum towards Russia as they scored the last three goals of the game to take the win, 5-3.
- Blues Acquire Abeltshauser from Sharks
- Confirmed Trade with Link: [SJS/STL] Konrad Abeltshauser for a 2016 conditional 7th round pick
- Confirmed with Link: Konrad Abeltshauser to the Blues for conditional 7th in 2016.
- Confirmed with Link: Abeltshauser to STL for pick
- Value of: Jack Johnson to BUF
- Confirmed with Link: canes qualify 4 players (boychuk, shugg, sutter, rissannen)