After being selected by the Windsor Spitfires in the sixth round of the annual OHL Priority Selection, 17-year-old Jack Billings is now property of three teams. He plays for the Janesville Jets of the North American Hockey League. The Green Bay Gamblers of the United States Hockey League drafted him. And now he’s also property of the Spitfires organization.
NHL’s Central Scouting may have ranked him as a C-level prospect in its early ratings, but has only served to motivate the Plymouth Whalers’ Danny Vanderwiel to prove that he’s more suited to the A-list.
Riley Bourbonnais of the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders and his head coach, Mark Carlson, may be the most laconic player-coach tandem in junior hockey.
What a difference a day can make.
I had the fortune of taking in the U.S. NTDP U-18 team’s first two games against college teams for this 2012-13 season, facing off against the University of Wisconsin and the University of Notre Dame back-to-back on the nights of October 6th and 7th.
- GDT: Chicago Blackhawks at Los Angeles Kings - November 29, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. (PST)
- Celebrity Death: Author P.D James (Children of men) age 94
- Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Flyers (11/28/14)
- What team(s) that have started out strong, are most likely to fade?
- Value of: Frolik to Montreal
- Robidas value is showing now.