After a tough loss in their opening game against Russia at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, the USA bounced back to defeat the Czech Republic, 4-3, in another tight contest. The four-time defending gold medalists weathered a two-man disadvantage in the final frame to preserve their victory.
Despite an opening game loss to Russia at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship, Team USA forward Jack Eichel's first U18 game was a memorable one. After all, how many 16-year-old's can say that they played their first U18 WJC game in front of a packed house that included the president from the host country?
It's difficult to think that the United States might not be able to defend their title from the last year and go on to win their fifth gold medal in a row and eighth in the history of the Under-18 World Junior Championship.
The first thing that most people notice about Ryan MacInnis is his size. Even just having turned 17 years old a couple of weeks ago, MacInnis already stands 6’3” and weighs 174 pounds. His size is imposing, even on a U.S. National Team Development Program team that is peppered with big bodies.
- Series Talk: Eastern Semifinal: (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers
- Was the 1999 NHL Entry Draft the worst one you can remember?
- Kari Lehtonen is the best goalie in the NHL right now
- Memorial Cup Thread Part II
- Series Talk: Eastern Semifinal: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators - Part IV
- The Out of Town Thread part LIX - All Talk From Around the League Here