The name Yale typically brings to mind students in argyle sweaters walking to class on paved walkways with a spiral notebook in hand. Alumni of the university have gone on to be U.S. Presidents, Supreme Court Justices and Academy Award winning actors. Samuel Morse and Eli Whitney call it their alma mater. Sinclair Lewis and Tom Wolfe do, as well.
The current tale of the tape, Western Hockey League style, quite convincingly suggests the Portland Winterhawks will probably supply the “long and short of it” when the time comes for NHL teams to make their selections at the 2013 NHL Draft in Newark, New Jersey.
Having a senior class that can guide a mostly younger team is crucial in not only the success of the program but also in the development of their younger players. But, over the last several years, few NCAA teams have been hit harder by non-graduating player departures than Northeastern University.
As a child growing up in the Boston area, there is probably only one thing other than playing in the Stanley Cup finals for the Bruins that every young hockey player dreams of playing for and that is the Beanpot.
- Great article about a Canucks fan becoming a Panthers season tix holder
- Speculation: Will some team give Streit $6m per?
- Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign D Ilari Melart to 1 yr ELC
- OT: I liked GoT before GoT was cool.
- Vince Li not criminally responsible for beheading
- GDT: Providence Bruins Eliminated from the AHL playoffs.