The Western Hockey League has made great strides over the past decade in recruiting and developing American-born players. If one scans the current WHL rosters, most teams are dressing a couple of players with ties to the United States. The Portland Winterhawks can boast about a dozen players with minor hockey developmental roots in the USA. Read more»
The competition to become the top selection at the 2015 NHL Draft is almost assuredly a two-horse race between Erie Otters forward Connor McDavid and Boston University forward Jack Eichel. But one of those thoroughbreds already appears to be separating from his main challenger at this early stage of the 2014-15 season. Read more»
Florida may be better known for its sandy beaches, palm trees and resort-like towns, but it is slowly gaining recognition as a hotbed for hockey in the Deep South. To date, it has been the birthplace of four NHL players, with many rising young stars calling the Sunshine State home. Read more»
The race to claim the mantle of first overall selection for the 2015 NHL Draft has officially begun in earnest with the start of the 2014-15 season. The main combatants for that honor, Erie Otters center Connor McDavid and Boston University forward Jack Eichel, have both seen game action within the past week and will be closely scrutinized by NHL scouts from now through April or May. Read more»
- Why can a goalie return to his net after an icing call on his team?
- Player Discussion: Would you want Carl Soderberg on the Montreal Canadiens?
- What is the current direction of the team?
- Where is the offensive production going to come from the blue line?
- Post-Game Talk: Suck it Buffalo. Wild beat Oil 2-1.
- Who wins the Calder trophy this season?